Monday, November 3, 2014

Temple P-days

 View DSCN8262.JPG in slide show  View DSCN8261.JPG in slide show

Hello my loved family and friends! How much I DO love you!
  This week was alright. You will likely notice I am e-mailing a bit late. That Is because we had a Temple P-day. SO we had to shift P-day to a Tuesday as the Temple is closed on Mondays! So Tues, here we are! It is odd to hear about football and Halloween back home! No one likes or even talks about American football here, usually idf they do it is NFL. Odd.. anyways! Hope all of you had a safe Halloween! It sounds like it is becoming an uneventful holiday! It was similar as a missionary. ha. We were up in Brooklyn towards the end of the evening though. SO I got a good picture of the sunset over the little lagoon. I am my grandmothers grandson for sure... I enjoy sunsets! I have tried to experiment more cooking lately. I have usually relied on my companions but I tried to copy Elder Tsai and Elder Orr this last week and make a stir-fry! tell me how you think it looks! ha. Not too much other exciting news... On with the Core experience!
   My core experience with god this week has been training. I have thought often to myself of things said by leaders throughout my mission. One stands out from a good friend at the beginning of my mission in a zone meeting. Elder Banks explained that EVERY action we have has a huge effect on your trainee. Whatever you do is how they will do things for the next 2 years. I have thought about that and other advice much this week. I have tried to ask my self what is the BEST thing to do here? There are a lot of things that are good, but what is the absolute BEST thing to do right now? I am trying to give my "son" the best raining experience I can, the experience I had having 2 zone leader "fathers," or trainers. As we have done our best we have been blessed! We starting to get things rolling we are able to evaluate and adjust quickly and try new things. Elder Nathan is a well prepared missionary. I am learning a lot from HIM! As one would imagine and almost expect. the Lord truly blesses us when we do all we can do.
   Teaching as Jesus taught is the always-present task as a missionary! Always reevaluating and reanalyzing, to see how we can be more Christ like. I would say this week we have strived much harder to recognize and follow the promptings of the spirit! It has been good. Because my companion is new and getting used to missionary life he sees the promptings and miracles and more than I do. I have been humbled to see how blessed we truly are. I hate to admit it but sometimes we take small miracles and promptings for granted! having the spirit with us, and truly striving to recognize his promptings is what has made us teach more like the master this week!
   A scripture that had a big impact on me this week was Ether 3:19. "And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil ; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting." The Brother of Jared was Beyond faith! It was to a hope for things which are not seen which are true as Alma states. For he SAW and had a perfect knowledge! He KNEW! How incredible is that!? After going to the Temple this morning with the zone... I feel similar... I have seen and experienced much. using the scientific theory, we would know, after receiving so much knowledge and so many answers to prayers, that God IS there. It is double testified by the scriptures saying you will know in your heart and your feelings. We have received spiritual manifestation time and time again! Do we KNOW the Lord our God lives, as we claim every fast Sunday and any other time we bare testimony. I would say "yes. We Do!" Faith leads to miracles. Knowledge (or testimony) leads to more and higher revelation!
  A little short this week... but hopefully it was short and Powerful! I love you!
 As Always,
    Love,
       Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment