Sunday, April 27, 2014

Miracles‏

G'day, G'day how ya' going'?
   Good good....
I am doing good! This last Friday was low and behold! Another public holiday! haha Much like memorial day. It was Anzac day. Australian New Zealand Army Commemoration Day. Or some thing like that... Everyone was off work again. So that was cool... they had a big thing out at The Entrance (which is a city name in our area) but it was at like 5 in the morning... needless to say we chose to sleep in. We got the car serviced this week, talked to some people on the courtesy bus and gave them a card.. so hopefully something came out of getting the car serviced. ha We had zone Conference that was fun! Always good to see President and Sister Howes as well as the Assistance. you enjoy every opportunity to learn as a missionary. I prepared a good and personal talk for it and of course I did not get called on.. haha. Oh, well. Now I have it if I ever need it! We taught one of our Investigators several times this week. She has a baptismal date set for Saturday and she is pretty excited. She is our primary presidents cousin. Our primary president has to translate sometimes for us. ha. They are both from the Philippines and so sweet! Sister Johnstone (our primary president) and her mother feed us sometimes and it is amazing! haha. they are just the nicest of people. I keep thinking about the missionaries from the home ward serving in the Philippines and wondering how their efforts are going... We are starting to get involved in family history so we can help people with their own tree's. I am wondering if I will even have anything to do, because Grandma Ford is pretty muchva pro and got it all done. ha. I am grateful for the family I have... we had a big combined activity with Toukley ward on Saturday morning. We all had a big "Canadian breakfast" then cleaned the chapel and the rest of the property. It was good we got to talk to and set things up with different ward members, including the family history consultant. W got to work out with the member in our ward that was a personal trainer again this morning. Me and Elder Orr have fun there.. haha.
   President Howes has asked us all to write miracles and submit them so the office can another Miracle book for the mission. this is the entry I submitted:
 It is cliche to say, but we see miracles everyday on a small scale. We really do, missionaries are blessed and taken care of, especially when we are diligent! I have a greater miracle to brighten your day with however. Let me set the stage...
Me and my trainer visited a less-active sister that had recently moved into our branch. She had a fine testimony which she shared with us, as well as her story. After we got to know her she said, "Ya know, you really oughta go tracking around here!" She proceeded to tell us about a few neighbors that should be open to listening. She was particularly serious when she told us of the man a few houses down, "he is a bit of a drugie, but a nice fellow" the sister told us. We were needless to say very grateful for point in the right direction. We knocked on all doors on her street. The man she spoke of was not home. We left a plan of salvation pamphlet on the door. As we continued to tract the street out for some reason I wanted to get rid of all the stuff I was carrying, several pamphlets and a couple copies of the Book of Mormon. I am usually not this wasteful... but for whatever reason I left it all on random pouches or verandas. Nothing really came of our efforts, a few people told us to go away... the usual tracing experience. A couple days later we even got an angry phone call because we left a card some someones door. Amazing that a CARD would upset someone so bad! Anyway, back to the miracle! My trainer got transferred a short time later.
Through out the next transfer we struggled with finding... not one. During week six we made our way back down to the same area as we normally did every week. We visited the missionary minded less-active sister (that is hard to imagine isn't it?) sister last as part of our routine day in the outskirt of our area. As we were getting back into our car for the hour long return journey to our flat, I see this older man sitting on the porch she had told us to go to weeks back. I instantly made judgment, "no, he wouldn't be receptive. he is probably just an angry old man like the rest of the neighborhood was..." So, we embarked back home. We turned off the street when the prompting came "Go back and talk to him!" I say out loud, "I feel like we need to go back and talk to him..." Me and my Companion both make excuses again. "Nah he didn't want to talk to us or we would of said something." We got several kilometers away and into a different city even, when I get the same prompting a second time! I tell my companion, "If I don't go back this will haunt me in my dreams. I am sorry but I have to go back!" We turn around despite the wasted "k's." We park in the same spot, start walking up to his door. His little puppy runs out so I start to play wit it and use him as an ice breaker with the gentleman. He reads our name tags, "Oh! You are the ones that left this on my door!' he exclaims. He reaches over and pulls out what else but the pamphlet me and my trainer left a transfer ago. Turns out, he had read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet twice, got a hold of the Book of Mormon we left on his neighbors porch, had read the whole introduction was a good bit into 1st Nephi. He became our new investigator in over six weeks. I got transferred the following Monday. I have recently received word that this miracle has a solid baptismal date and will become the Branchs first recent convert and baptism in over two years!
I testify to all who read this book and the world, that the Lord prompts us through the Holy Ghost, to visit the people he has prepared to receive his gospel. ALWAYS follow promptings. Even when they seem silly, you may be on the brink of a miracle! Miracle s DO happen today. Especially in the Church Of Jesus Chris Of Latter-Day Saints, Gods Restored Church on the earth today! I so testify in the Sacred and Holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Ford
 
I hope you all enjoyed that story. I love you all! I thank you for your support and pray for you each night!
   Love,
     Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment